Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Lime Chicken

On Monday I started a new job that keeps me much busier!  I'm still here and will post, but Jen may be taking the lead for a while while I make lots of costumes.

I don't repeat recipes very often.  I love trying new things too much.  But this one has quickly become a favorite that I repeat at least once a month (which is a lot for me).  This recipe stems from my mother-in-law, who is a fantastic cook.  My husband loves this dish and soon after we got married he requested this recipe from his mother so I could make it.  I too have fell in love with it!  So simple, easy and delicious!



Lime Chicken

4 chicken breasts, boned and skinless
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 T. olive oil
2 limes juiced and zested
1/2 c. butter

Pound the chicken until it is tender and the same width in all places.  (I don't have a meat tenderizer, so I improvise and use the handle of the large knife I use to cut the chicken.  I know, fancy.)  Cut into bite sized pieces.

Heat oil in medium sized skillet until sizzling hot (on my stove I turn it to medium high).  Once the pan is hot, slide the chicken in the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Sauté for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown on all sides.  Check to see if the middle is done.  By this point mine is usually done, but if it is not done, turn heat down to low and cover and cook until the middle is white.

Once chicken is done, remove from pan and keep warm.  A bowl covered in tin foil should work.

Add lime juice to skillet now on medium low.  Cook until just boiling.  Add butter and cook until sauce turns opaque.  Add lime zest and spoon over chicken.

Enjoy!

Note: If you don't thaw your chicken before cooking, I highly recommend doing so.  I have recently become a convert to thawing chicken.  It produces much tender chicken.  It does take a little planning, but is so worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment