Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

German Pancakes

One of my favorite things about this breakfast is that it can bakes while I get ready in the morning.  It is a classic breakfast recipe that I goes by many different names, but I grew up with these called German pancakes.  It magically puffs up in the oven making for a really fun breakfast.  You can top these with lemon juice and powdered sugar, fruit or jam, but my favorite is a drizzle of pure maple syrup.



6 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place butter in a 9x13 pan and place in the oven.  Keep an eye on it and remove the pan when the the butter is melted.  If you wait too long, you will have burnt butter.  Gross.

2. Mix eggs, milk, flour, and salt together with an electric mixer until no lumps remain and mixture is frothy.

3. Pour the batter on top of the melted butter and return the hot pan to the oven.  Bake for 18 minutes.  It will have brown edges and be all puffed up.

3 comments:

  1. This is what our family makes too. I just powder sugar and lemon juice to mine with dry cranberry or banana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making these today. I laughed at your comment "burnt butter...gross.". Hilarious! It's so fun to read your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made these with a little vanilla and I used my smart stick immersion blender to mix up the ingredients and it was so fast! Breakfast done in 5 minutes! Keep the recipes coming!

      Delete