Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Roasted Asparagus

I love spring and one of my favorite spring veggies is asparagus.  I did not enjoy eating asparagus as a child.  I remember being served boiled asparagus that was both mushy and stringy all at the same time.  I tried it again as an adult and realize that when it is prepared well, I actually love asparagus.  There are so many ways to prepare it that are so much tastier than boiling.  Roasting brings out the sweetness and the texture is awesome.  The ingredients and process are so simple, you will be amazed by how tasty this is!  Now pick up some asparagus next time you are at the store.  It is the cheapest and freshest at this time of the year.



Take a bunch of asparagus and wash and break the ends off.  Asparagus has a natural breaking point where the tough, woody bottom naturally breaks.  Snap off the ends and toss with about two teaspoons of olive oil.  Lightly sprinkle with coarse sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.Spread out on a cookie sheet.  Bake for about 10-12 minutes in a 400 degree oven.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment